Labels

Monday, May 23, 2011

"Spotify/Facebook Linkup Reveals my Naffness!"

Dear Cybersorter,
Recently I started using Spotify, the digital music service. I logged in using my Facebook ID so I could see my friends’ music. But now Spotify uses my Facebook account to tell the world – meaning that my FB friends now know my secret listening habits, including really embarrassing 1980s electro-pop. But because Spotify is all-you-can-eat music, I pick the music I never bothered to buy on iTunes – and those are the songs I get outed for on FB. Can I still spy on my friends’ music and hide my own?
RP

Dear RP,
You can try two different approaches
1)Simply log in to your Facebook account as soon as you have updated a Spotify list and click the “Remove” button on the update.
2)Spotify recommends selecting the “people” icon on the top right corner of your Spotify homepage and choose “Disconnect from Facebook”.
To ease your embarrassment, 1980s electro-pop is so naff it must be making a comeback soon enough. It only takes one of your “cool” friends to decide it is back in and hey presto, you turn magically from an out-of-date saddo to a retro trendsetter. It’s all in the attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment