Labels

Monday, May 23, 2011

"I Want to Take Back My Friendship Request"

Dear Cybersorter,
I met a guy at a party a couple of weeks ago. He was good craic and I liked him. He was flirtatious with me, and my friend who was with me agreed it wasn’t in my imagination.
I decided to send him a friend request on Facebook. Then I found out that he’s married, which makes me regret doing that. Is there any way to take back my request to be friends?
– RB 

Dear RB,
You are in luck, as until recently there wasn’t a way to retract your friendship request. There is now. Search for the person on your Facebook page and click on them. Scroll down and click “Cancel Friendship Request” under his profile picture. It should give you a reassuring “Friendship Request Cancelled” message.
You should also be aware that when you request friendship from someone it opens up some of your Facebook profile to them for a limited period of time before they have accepted your request. They will be able to see the categories Basic, Personal, Work and Education Info and Friends.
All the same, be cautious when a friend agrees that someone finds you attractive. It is a very rare, possibly extinct, sort of friend who says, “No, he clearly didn’t fancy you at all.” Even if he didn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment