Labels

Monday, May 23, 2011

Farmville, Mafia Wars and a Lack of Real Posts from Freinds

Dear Cybersorter,
I’m so turned off by Facebook because all I get are updates from Farmville and Mafia Wars and people who like a product, campaign or something else. It takes me time to find a post from a real person.
My inbox is clogged with friends “challenging” me to games or asking me to like something.How do I block this spam without cutting off my friends? SR

Dear SR,
The statistics would suggest you are friends on Facebook with a lot of women around the age of 43. This group is the biggest user of games such as Farmville and Happy Aquarium.
Women of this age are generally considered a sensible bunch so it’s surprising they have taken up such an irritating pastime.
There are also all sorts of products and brands that are only now finally waking up to the fact that Facebook can allow them to access large numbers of people.
This, teamed with recession-hit ad men who are displaying the desperate cunning of a fox during hunting season, are what is causing your Facebook spam jam.
1) Delete all those pages you have “liked” that you never look at.
2) Hover your mouse over any Farmville update and click on the X. Chose “Hide Farmville”. This works for most social media games.
3) Don’t be afraid to ignore or delete anyone or anything you are not interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment