Labels

Monday, June 14, 2010

Foul Language Leads to Drop in Followers

Dear Cybersorter,
I posted a rant on Twitter that finished with "F**K Off!” Within a minute I saw 4 of my followers drop. Are people really that sensitive and if so, what the hell are they doing on an open social network?

Do I ask why they left, was it the post? How do I find out who they are? Why am I even bothered? Is there an App to find this info?

Anyway, to those that did leave, well, feck 'em :)

Cheers, T

Dear T,
The app you want is called Qwitter and it updates you on all those who have quit following you and the last tweet you sent out before they quit you.
Social media users can be surprisingly prudish about swearing, though it may also have been due to your opinions rather than how colourfully expressed.
Clearly, you are not keening over your losses, but it irks.
Therefore, I recommend you avail of "qwitter therapy", which brings you to inspirational quotes about unrecognised genius.
I assume that saying "feck 'em" to your detractors in the Irish Times will be a satisfactory way of saying bubye but don't forget to un-follow them too. Otherwise you are letting them lecture you without the satisfaction of making them see you swear at them, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment